Position Title: VP – Corporate Real Estate
Reporting Manager Title: Chief Financial Officer
The VP – Corporate Real Estate is responsible for the successful operation, maintenance, and development of all TDECU facilities and physical security. Areas of responsibility include efficient space management, capital/ equipment budgeting and planning, space allocation and layout, maintenance planning and contracting, and physical security. This role is accountable for the ongoing quality, budget, and sustainability of all TDECU facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Enhance the cost of capital by streamlining the investments into centralized work space. Analyze and provide recommendations to streamline the facilities investments required to improve TDECU’s facilities footprint. Manage expense and capital spend to the company’s annual operating plan.
2. Responsible for developing management programs for lease portfolio management, owned facility management, physical security, audio visual security systems, construction management, and preventative/reactive maintenance.
3. Lead a team of professionals to develop and optimize facilities across the organization to satisfy operating plans in terms of space capacity, management and site services. Improve the cost of facilities and right-size the space per employee.
4. Develop and implement leased and owned facility standards, strategies, policies, and procedures. Implement guidelines and functional layout of all centralized & decentralized space.
5. Partner with site management to ensure clean, safe, operational, efficient, and member/employee friendly maintenance programs at all sites.
6. Manage vendors and partners needed to assist the team in running TDECU facilities, to included general partners and maintenance firms. Partner with procurement to conduct negotiations with vendors & suppliers to obtain products and services at the best cost to ensure end-users needs are met.
7. Have a thorough understanding of all ancillary facilities systems such as HVAC, generators, automation and other energy systems. Maintain a security system that partners with outside vendors and internal IT to meet intercompany, intracompany, government, law-enforcement, and employee requirements.
8. Administer and supervise activities related to the planning, design, and construction of renovations and repairs of facilities including plans and specifications, bid documents, contract awards, and contract completion and acceptance; prepare RFP’s and RFQ’s as assigned.
9. Administer and supervise activities related to the planning, design and construction of any new facilities. Lead new headquarter design and implementation or other large scale workspace projects, ensuring alignment to the TDECU culture and workspace demands. Bring best in class approach to any new facilities and ensure financial prudence in all phases of work, to include plans, specifications, bids and contracts.
10. Prepare and administer, the facilities operating budget for each location. Prepare and manage the maintenance, deferred maintenance, and minor renovation budgets; normalize replacement, maintenance and deferred maintenance budget
11. Establish departmental policies and operating procedures, ensuring that maintenance and minor projects are planned, designed, constructed on time and within budget pursuant to and legal requirements; develop and implement department strategies, business practices, and processes to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness.
12. Oversee regular facilities assessments including site and utility assessments and incorporates findings into life cycle plans. Develops and implements systems for determining and prioritizing life-cycle replacement needs, with both short-term and long-term lenses.
13. Engage with leaders, executives, and the community on a variety of renovation and construction projects and provides leadership in master plan development, multi-year construction, and renovation planning.
Create a facilities optimization plan to bring the per employee cost of facilities to best in class by 2023.
Establish a best in class branch and professional support work space plan and create a budget to execute over the next 2 years.
Optimize the facilities budget to keep the office occupancy costs flat, while adding improved facilities experience.
Create a detailed project and space allocation plan to invest into a corporate headquarters.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Business, Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering, or related field required.
Experience: 10 years of leadership experience in facilities management and supporting large scale facilities and corporate campuses, planning and/ or capital program management, preferable in the financial services industry. Deep experience in project management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of principles and practices of life cycle and equipment and facilities replacement planning and schedules
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
• Strong analytics and business skills
• Ability to research, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple departments within facilities operations.
• Outstanding organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities and to consistently meet timelines and budget expectations
• Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills including written and oral presentations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this position and/or may be encountered while performing essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to stand, walk, and sit. An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds to perform essential position functions.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This position may require travel up to 50% time of the time, throughout the TDECU footprint based on business needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Texas Dow Employees Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, protected veteran status, sex, religion, disability, genetic information, national origin or other status protected by federal, state or local law. Consistent with the American Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
- Facilities Management
- Project Management
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job