DPC Companies is a privately held, well-capitalized real estate firm specializing in the acquisition and development of commercial property in the Colorado Rocky Mountain Region and Phoenix Arizona. Based in Denver, DPC’s portfolio includes more than 3.5 million square feet of commercial office, retail and industrial property. Since 1986, DPC has established itself as one of the region’s preeminent private commercial real estate firms by focusing on delivering value to the communities in which they operate.
DPC has a career opening for an energetic, self-starter with project management experience in commercial office, retail & industrial construction. This individual will report directly to the VP of Development and have a wide range of responsibilities associated with interior tenant finish as well as small scale ground up development projects. Responsibilities will include project management, conceptual estimating, administrative tasks, expediting permits, assembling documentation related to tenant leases and the purchase/sale of real estate. The ideal candidate will have a BS in Construction Management and 2 to 5 years of related experience with a commercial general contractor or real estate development company. This individual must be detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects while maintain budgets and schedules. Document control, scheduling, contract administration and excellent Client/Contractor/Architect communications (written & verbal) is a must.
Essential Job Functions:
- Obtain proposals for project design and assist with the preparation of contracts.
- Coordinate all project activities including preparation of plans needed for permit, managing contractor bid process, expediting construction activities, scheduling, weekly meetings, status reports, lien waivers, insurance certificates and close out documentation.
- Schedule and lead all project related conference calls and meetings.
- Act as liaison between Tenant/Landlord during construction to maintain relationships and ensure all Lease obligations are fulfilled. Assist tenants to facilitate the finish selection process.
- Responsible for the management of project documentation including construction plans, contracts, correspondence and financial documentation. Organization a must. Ability to enhance current office processes, procedures and filing systems a plus.
- Assist project executives with document control and administrative tasks.
- Review contractor change orders, assist with the processing/coding of contractor invoices, assist with preparation of monthly bank draws, and coordinate with accounting as needed.
- Assist property management group with building repair and maintenance/capital improvement projects.
- Working knowledge of PlanGrid, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Project & Excel required.
- Travel limited to projects within Denver and other front-range cities initially.
This is a full-time, office-based position. Competitive benefits, salary, bonus program commensurate with experience.
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job