Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $888.2 billion* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2018)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Data Strategist will be responsible for collecting, structuring and transforming data that can be utilized to empirically develop actionable insights supporting real estate investment decision-making and strategy development. The role will require a keen understanding of current and evolving data technologies, experience with programming languages (R, Python, SQL), business fundamentals and key quantitative disciplines, including statistical analysis and machine learning. This role requires the dual abilities of individual technical competence and team-oriented creative collaboration.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
Collaborate withbusiness subject matter experts and IT teams to make strategic recommendationson data collection, integration and retention.
Collect large setsof structured and unstructured data from both proprietary and third-partysources and use advanced data management tools and big data technologies.
Develop usage andaccess control policies/systems and partner with other stakeholders in continuousimprovement processes impacting data quality.
Drive operationalefficiency by maintaining centralized data ecosystems, providing analytics and offeringcontinuous insights and improvements
Liaise with realestate team and technology to help devise predictive analytics using advancedstatistical and machine learning frameworks such as classification, clustering,feature extraction, model selection and natural language processing.
Collaborate withbusiness stakeholders on visualizations and various reporting tools.
Convey complexsolutions in easy to understand terms through usage of data visualization andclear written and verbal communication
Collaborate withfund and portfolio managers, acquisition officers, asset managers, andunderwriters to help incorporate gleaned data insights into investmentstrategy.
Provides ongoingmonitoring of performance of decision systems and statistic models
Suggests metrics onbusiness outcomes (particularly those related to new capabilities) that areclear, accurate, relevant, logical and honest
The initial focuswill be on North America, but the expectation will be that the program will berolled out globally.
Other duties asassigned.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- At least ten years of business experience in the asset management industry, preferably in real estate investments or business analytics.
- Quantitative educational background with professional data analytics experience.
- Experience in an investment management or real estate organization is strongly preferred.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Deep coding and database expertise, including advanced knowledge of Python or R, SQL and NoSQL.
- A thorough understanding of financial analysis as applied to commercial real estate investment performance.
- Advanced skills in visualization, with experience in various front-end frameworks, such as D3.js, matplotlib, Power BI, or Tableau.
- Ability to manage large and complex data projects and maintain code and data on ongoing basis.
- Strong project management and delivery experience.
- Strong communication skills, research capabilities, and experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure, Bash or PowerShell scripting, and cloud computing.
- Curious learner who stays on top of current and emerging industry and client trends.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor s Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, finance, or a related field is required.
- Master s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- This position will be based in Dallas, Texas.
- Occasional travel to IRE offices and industry conferences is required.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.