Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Essential Job Duties:Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Description:Under limited supervision, works with members of the research services team to collect, analyze, and interpret market data. Responsible for conducting complex market analysis, research and reporting for various services groups. Will have a role in producing event series, national and local white papers, and market publications, as well as in broker support services.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for the collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of market research data through internal and external sources.
- Works closely with teammates to address their research needs and develops and prepares regular market reports, including quarterly market reports and submarket reports.
- Collaborates with research colleagues on white papers and other special reports that highlight NKF’s best-in-class market analysis and thought leadership.
- Plays a key role in preparing market presentations for national and local event series, including developing forecasts and recommendations to clients.
- Participates in client meetings and prepares written market materials as needed.
- Coordinates with senior teammates to enhance the firm’s reputation through media relations efforts.
- Maintains and updates procedures for acquiring, entering, and verifying real estate data related to properties, listings, tenants, and comparable transactions for all divisions covered by the district offices.
- Maintains the integrity of market data used in the research function, which includes overseeing data collection, data input/verification, and review.
- Responsible for addressing issues of data quality and will maintain a policy of data security both within and outside the office.
- Responsible for understanding all company research-related database programs, including the firm’s proprietary Genie database.
- Monitors the research capabilities of local market competition.
- Understands all software programs used within the research function.
- Researches and recommends new programs for the maintenance of research information.
- Participates in evaluating new sources and existing products.
- Understands all data sources used by the firm’s research practice, including but not limited to Real Capital Analytics, CoStar, NCREIF, BLS, and other services.
- Conducts training of administrative/resource staff in software programs, including Genie, and supervises and coordinates their use of such programs to provide broker support.
- Promotes the research function and its capabilities to the brokers/sales staff.
- Complies with Corporate mandates of reporting appropriate market statistics to corporate personnel and works with Corporate Research staff to obtain appropriate answers to research questions.
- Coordinates requests and responses between the local office and other regional offices.
- Attends all divisional specialty meetings and presents relevant research activities.
- Participates in establishing an annual research business plan.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Economics, Real Estate, Finance, Urban Planning or Business Administration
- Minimum five years professional experience in real estate market analysis
- Extensive database and project management experience
- Project and staff management experience
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Research/Market Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years