- Manage the delivery of benefits to investors across an assigned affordable housing and community development real estate and business loan portfolio.
- Monitor the progress of properties through construction and lease up and through stabilization.
- Monitor the performance and program compliance of assets within an assigned portfolio through reviews of financial, operational, and tax reporting.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with general partners, lender representatives, public agency partners, management agents, accounting firms, and other stakeholders.
- Manage the disbursement of capital contributions to project partnerships.
- Coordinate dispositions of assets within portfolio.
- Conduct site evaluations for portfolio assets.
- Perform credit analysis of borrowers, guarantors, and general partners/managing members for committee presentation.
- Oversee investor member consent and approval rights.
- Coordinate with development staff during project development through stabilization and first year credit delivery.
- Assist with preparation of investor reporting.
- Assist development officers in the pre-closing due diligence and in the review and approval of various project documents.
- Manage reposition situations.
- Assist in the review of LIHTC tenant certification documentation for new projects.
- BS/BA degree in business, finance, real estate, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of five years experience in asset management of affordable housing and community development. Experience in property operations analysis and tax benefit analysis required.
- Proven financial analysis skills and fundamental knowledge of institutional real estate investment.
- S/he should have an in depth understanding of multifamily asset management, as well as commercial real estate principles.
- Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheet analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing with colleagues and external partners regarding all aspects of investment structures and real estate, representing a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds.
- Familiarity with regulations of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit/Section 42 program, New Markets Tax Credit Program, and Historic Tax Credit program. Training certification in LIHTC compliance is preferred.
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
This job is no longer active.