Artemis Real Estate Partners is a best-in-class real estate investment management firm with offices in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, New York City, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. We are seeking an Associate to support our Capital Raising/Investor Relations and Emerging Manager groups. The position involves coordinating with various stakeholders across multiple offices and time zones. It is an excellent opportunity to contribute directly to the continued success of our firm.
The $1.8 billion Emerging Manager Investment Platform provides capital to emerging and diverse real estate firms. The Capital Raising team is responsible for all marketing and fund raising activities for the firm. These two groups will seek to leverage the selected candidate’s organizational, database management, client service, and communication skills. Primary responsibilities include project management and providing essential support to current and prospective investors as well as internally within the department.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Business owner of the Investor Relations email account to ensure requests are promptly and accurately addressed with the support of the appropriate internal teams.
- Facilitate and coordinate portfolio review meetings/calls, as necessary and appropriate in partnership with the Capital Raising/Investor Relations and Emerging Manager Program leadership
- Support fundraising activities including the preparation of marketing materials, offering memorandums, competitor information, prospect pipelines, and maintaining a working knowledge of relevant fund governing documents.
- Create and maintain marketing materials, including investor pitch books and marketing campaigns/teasers.
- Research and develop key “talking points” with firm’s senior level executives to accompany investor pitch books and marketing materials.
- Perform research on investor prospects.
- Assist with the maintenance, management and development of the firm’s internal CRM database and related reports.
- Keep meeting notes during investor calls and coordinate all follow-up materials for distribution to investors following each meeting/call.
- Prepare and/or review and approve Due Diligence Questionnaire (DDQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP) responses.
- Assist in development of Private Placement Memorandum.
- Work closely with legal team and investors through the fund closing process.
- Help coordinate and drive content for annual investor conference, biennial emerging manager symposium, and other LP/partner events.
- Generate fund investor trackers for designated funds, separate accounts, co-investments, or joint ventures.
- Produce team related materials and newsletters.
- Manage investor portal and firm website
- Work closely with the acquisitions, asset management, and accounting departments to prepare quarterly investor reports, monthly acquisition and disposition updates, and respond to inbound investor inquiries.
- Source and analyze industry research related to fundraising or supporting data related to fundraising strategies and rationale.
- Support Compliance objectives by liaising with the Legal and Compliance Department.
- Complete additional tasks and special projects as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in real estate, investment management, consulting, or investment banking.
- Experience in investor relations at an alternative investment firm or an alternative investment placement firm is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (including Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar client relationship management (CRM) tool preferred.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills (candidates should expect a test).
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively maintain databases, keep accurate project to-do lists, and follow-up with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to manage across time zones in order to retrieve and disseminate information, plan meetings and calls, and assist with contacting investors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in anticipating requests/needs and meeting set deadlines.
- Self-driven, with an ability to work well under pressure and manage shifting priorities.
- Experience exercising independent judgment and discretion, and the ability to perform work autonomously with little direct supervision.
- Detail oriented (candidates should expect a test).
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work extended hours as requested.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
Annual bonus potential
Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
401k plan with employer contribution
Additional information can be found on our website: www.artemisrep.com
Artemis Real Estate Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Investor Relations
- Research/Market Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.