Trez Capital is a leading multinational real estate financier that has built a reputation for providing developers, owners and investors innovative short to mid-term capital solutions for commercial properties in major centres across Canada and the United States. Trez Forman Capital is part of the Trez group of companies.
Trez has earned the trust of investors, including some of Canada’s largest pension funds, by applying rigorous institutional grade underwriting to generate attractive yields and stable sources of income. With offices in Vancouver, BC, Toronto, ON, Dallas, TX, Palm Beach, FL and a new office in Atlanta, GA, Trez manages a mortgage and investment portfolio of more than $3.1 billion, with a goal of growing to $4.0 billion by 2020.
Trez Forman Capital is an integral part of the firm’s U.S. growth strategy. Since becoming a member of Trez in mid-2016, it has expanded its origination team and closed on $800M of loans since inception. Trez Forman originated over $540 million in new loans in 2018. Asset classes include, multifamily, mixed use, retail, land and lot development and hotels.
As we pursue our aggressive growth strategy, we have an opportunity for an experienced Commercial Loan Originator to join our team in our Palm Beach office. You will have an active role in analyzing real estate debt investment opportunities across various asset classes and property types:
- Leading business development through proactive calling of prospective mortgage brokers, sponsors and real estate professionals;
- Growing and managing referral relationships;
- Managing marketing and sales activities, as well as project work flow;
- Pre-screening and high-level underwriting of inbound deal flow;
- Structuring deals to isolate and mitigate risks while at the same time offer creative solutions to the sponsor’s financing situation;
- Using CoStar, Excel and other sources to derive market information, property values, analyze cash flows, and calculate DSCR, debt yield and LTV;
- Discussing/presenting deals to the lending team and investment committee;
- Writing investment memorandums and term sheets;
- Facilitating client interaction to drive the loan to a successful close.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, commercial real estate, or a related area;
- Solid knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate and lending fundamentals;
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ directly-related loan origination experience with proven track record.
- Commercial mortgage brokers with 3-5 years' experience are a plus.
Additional requirements include:
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to balance multiple projects and a high volume workload and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Excellent financial modelling, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Ability to develop and close warm and cold leads with integrity and unsurpassed customer satisfaction;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail;
- Track record of minimum $50 - 100M per year in closings, for the previous 2 years;
- Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Word and Excel.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a leader in the real estate finance industry, positioned for continued rapid grow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting selected candidates for follow-up.
- Brokerage / Sales
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.