The Hotel Asset Manager will be responsible for optimizing the performance of a portfolio of hotels by overseeing both property-based and management company representatives. This individual will also be responsible for conceiving new revenue generating ideas across the portfolio. The position will require close interaction and collaboration with company leadership and external operating partners. The candidate will need the ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. This is an operations focused position that requires extensive travel.
The current hotel portfolio includes over 40 operating hotels across all major brands. AVR plans to continue to strategically grow its hotel portfolio.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assess, develop, and implement value-enhancement opportunities for each asset in both operational and capital disciplines; this entails understanding the property from both operational and real estate perspectives
- Evaluate on property F&B, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Sales operations and 3rd party operators
- Complete on-site property reviews at each asset as needed (Out of Town travel anticipated to be approximately 40-60% of total annual work days)
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all factors affecting markets and sub-markets associated with each property's positioning including but not limited to supply and demand factors, industry and local market influencing organizations and competitive properties
- Identify and address any existing or potential deficient conditions relating to the physical asset
- Review monthly operating reports to help track operating performance, operating budget variances, and significant changes in the assets and their respective markets
- Assist in ongoing processes, including: acquisition/underwriting/due diligence, financing and lender reviews, transactional readiness, capital expenditures recommendations/approvals, labor strategy, renovation design and construction, and brand compliance
- Monitor the progress of capital improvement projects and spending for adherence to approved plans and identify cost variances
- Participate in calls with operating partners for asset and market performance
- 5 – 10 years of hotel operations experience overseeing a portfolio of hotels (Select Service and Full service)
- Experience working at a Hotel Management Company or large owner of Hotel Properties
- Proven experience in hotel operations, sales, and revenue management
- Strong work ethic, must be able to see projects through to completion, self-motivated, resourceful and proactive
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, effectively prioritize, and multi-task under pressure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or Hospitality Management
- Preferred Location is the company HQ, open to candidates based on the East Coast near major airports
Competitive compensation package based on experience. Excellent benefits and 401k with company match.
- Asset Management
- General Management and C-Suite
- Hospitality / Entertainment
This job is no longer active.