This Analyst will join the Starwood Infrastructure Finance Team. This role is primarily responsible for support of sourcing, analyzing, closing, and managing financial transactions with a focus on energy. In addition, this role will support the team by performing due diligence, financial modeling, and analysis of infrastructure transactions related to energy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and/or develop financial models and projections.
- Conduct industry/company research, including risk analysis.
- Perform valuation analysis for projects and companies.
- Assist in preparing credit requests and other supporting documentation for internal approval process and internal reports.
- Maintain deal management information systems.
- Manage projects to ensure compliance with deal terms and establish, implement, and monitor reporting metrics; update and maintain complex financial models to reflect recent project performance and projections; analyze and process waivers and amendments.
- Develop and execute process improvement projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with commercial, financial, loan and equity products.
- Prior experience in the Energy Industry or in a Project Finance role.
- Understanding of financial statements and basic accounting.
- Skilled communicator who is able to exchange ideas and information effectively in a concise and logical way; excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and solve problems.
- Strong initiative with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced cash flow modeling skills, including the ability to develop and sensitize models.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in Finance or Energy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other quantitative subject.
- Portfolio Management
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job