The Rubenstein team is actively seeking a highly qualified Development & Construction Manager to oversee various capital improvement and development initiatives throughout its 16 million square foot office portfolio. This individual will lead the development of capital strategies for new investments, and actively manage the entire project lifecycle from start to finish of various capital improvement projects, including tenant improvements, building improvements, major, complicated building renovations and ground up development projects.
Candidates for the position should possess an undergraduate degree and have demonstrated a high level of achievement from a top program in engineering, architecture, construction/project management, or similar majors, ten to fifteen years of experience in planning, design, construction or project management fields, and preferably have a MBA or equivalent graduate degree. Experience with and/or demonstrated interest in office buildings or other commercial real estate is a strong plus.
Candidates should possess strong written and oral communication skills and have a proactive, self-starting personality. Demonstrated In-depth experience with schedule management, highly quantitative budget tracking and the economics of commercial real estate are mandatory.
Specific duties are expected to include, but not be limited to performing, the following:
- Development of preliminary design and capital improvement strategies for new, potential acquisitions:
- Coordinate and lead physical property due diligence efforts
- Leverage architect and contractor relationships to generate design concepts and budget pricing for potential acquisitions
- Develop multi-year capital budgets
- Post-acquisition management of capital schedules and budgets to execute capital/development plan
- Zoning and Entitlements
- Develop project design and consulting team, negotiate contracts
- Project Design
- Contractor Bidding and Procurement
- Contract Negotiation
- Project Execution and Closeout
- Internal presentation of capital improvement strategies to senior investment team. Consensus building and championing of the planned vision.
- Coordination of the capital strategy with the entire ownership team, including joint venture partners and lenders, to insure compliance with all investment requirements.
- Cashflow and financial forecasting and management
- Accounting coordination and compliance
- Develop and maintain contractor and consultant relationships in various US markets (east of the Mississippi) to support the company’s construction and development activities
The position will require significant travel outside the Philadelphia headquarters office including overnight travel.
- Project Management
Apply for this job