RockStep is a fast-growing real estate investment company based in Houston. Primarily investing in shopping centers in secondary and tertiary markets throughout the US, the Company has built or acquired over 7MM square feet of shopping centers and currently operates in eleven states.
RockStep has a strong executive team with deep experience in acquisition, redevelopment, leasing, property management, and construction management. They operate with high integrity and have excellent relationships with tenants, communities, investors, and service professionals. The mission of the company is to make small-town America better. They attempt to do that by actively managing an asset that is critical to the well-being of the community.
RockStep’s four key operating strategies:
· To be the most prudent acquirer of small-town America shopping centers in the US
· To operate superbly (leasing, property management, accounting, investor communications, construction management) to protect their investors
· To be excellent at finding the right equity and debt capital to grow the business
· To be excellent at selling the asset to achieve the targeted investor returns
The company intends to grow the business with highly skilled executives who have small-town values: a strong work ethic with high integrity.
We are actively recruiting for a Real Estate Finance Executive to join RockStep Capital on a project or consulting basis. Working in conjunction with the executive leadership team, RockStep is seeking a talented fractional leader to assist with finance and accounting strategy, optimization of the capital stack, raising debt and equity, and driving the next stage of growth for the business.
The Ideal Leader Will Have:
· Extensive retail real estate investment experience that includes financial analysis, accounting, acquisitions & dispositions, financing (debt & equity), and investor relations
· Experience supporting and actively contributing to all aspects of marketing activities related to raising capital and debt with a focus on institutional and family office investors. This includes discussions with potential investors, management presentations, marketing, diligence and closing of capital commitments
· A demonstrable track record driving growth and increasing the value of a business
· Experience sourcing, evaluating, and negotiating loans and financing alternatives, facilitating lender underwriting, and managing the process through to completion
· Exceptional due diligence experience; able to develop robust financial models and provide deep property analysis
· An ability to identify operational risks and proactively control deficiencies in the business
· Proven experience improving financial operations (processes and systems) and reporting, both internally and externally to support a scaling business
· A team player mentality; able to work with legal teams, brokers, vendors, and lenders
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Proven ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment
· A level of personal motivation; passionate and intellectually curious
· High standards of professional and ethical conduct
· Service-oriented attitude characterized by strong listening skills and the desire to achieve shared success
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
Apply for this job