Job Title: Associate
Department: Investment Advisory Services
Position Reports to: Director of Underwriting
Overview: Seeking an Associate to assist the IAS team in the underwriting process through financial modeling, due diligence and analysis. This role can be located in Dallas, Kansas City, or Atlanta.
In performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
Interact professionally with all other employees, customers and organizations
Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and edit financial models for the valuation and cash flow projections of assets; run ARGUS audits and scenarios
- Assist the underwriting team in valuing office, retail, industrial, multi-family, hospitality, construction, redevelopment, and unimproved land assets
- Work with team in collecting all required underwriting documentation and monitor receipt of information to meet target dates established for closing the transactions
- Create and manage the underwriting database
- Help prepare investment committee presentations
- Interacting with third party consultants including attorneys, title agents, brokers and sales agents, and construction consultants
- Perform lease abstracts
- Conduct property site inspections and market research
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have at least 3 years work experience in the commercial real estate industry.
- Knowledge and experience with Excel based financial modeling including Macro and VBA knowledge a plus.
- Basic knowledge of financial statement analysis, cash flows and mortgage interest calculations.
- Advanced knowledge of third party market information platforms (Costar, REIS, RCA).
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Applicable knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- College (BS/BA) degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commercial real estate loan underwriting experience.
- ARGUS DCF and AE knowledge.
- An understanding of commercial real estate transactions and industry terms
- Experience with real estate related software applications and market data providers including Argus, CoStar, REIS and Bloomberg.
Trimont Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Financial Analysis
- Advisory Services/Consulting
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.