Amstar, a leading private-equity real estate firm based in Denver, is seeking an Experienced Analyst to immediately join its deal team in Denver team. This position will be actively involved in the acquisition, development, asset management and disposition of US commercial real estate investments. The ideal candidate will have two years of full-time acquisitions and underwriting experience with an established real estate investment firm although candidates with one-year of real estate experience and one or more years of experience in investment banking and/or private equity will be considered. Expert-level Excel modeling including Argus Enterprise and a demonstrated ability to prepare quality and timely work product is essential. The ideal candidate will possess strong written and oral communication skills including experience in drafting detailed investment recommendations. Previous transaction experience including detailed due diligence and legal experience (with LOIs, joint venture agreements, loan agreements, commercial real estate leases, purchase and sale agreements) are a strong positive.
- Work closely with internal staff, partners, brokers, developers, attorneys and other industry contacts to fully understand and analytically value various acquisition and development opportunities.
- Under the direction of senior investment team leaders, prepare and review feasibility studies, financial analyses with appropriate underlying assumptions, market studies and asset-specific due diligence while evaluating investment opportunities. Coordinate with service providers and partners/potential partners to obtain and process the same.
- Prepare comprehensive investment memoranda and recommendations for Amstar’s Investment Committee, and for prospective investors, if applicable.
- Working with senior investment team, assist in the organization and negotiation of legal documentation with joint venture and development partners, lenders, sellers and third-party vendors.
- Prepare comprehensive and quality underwriting, marketing and due diligence materials to assist with the timely evaluation of new investments. Coordinate with brokers, partners, sellers and/or buyers during sale processes.
- Asset Management (Acquisitions/Developments)
- Prepare and maintain annual business plans, quarterly reports, budgets and life-of-deal underwriting for existing assets. Regularly communicate with partners and/or third-parties to understand and reforecast potential financial variances to asset performance.
- Proactively manage assets to meet or exceed business plans. Track progress relative to approved budgets and timelines and prepare regular investment status reports.
- Reforecast, model and bridge financial projections for existing assets and update the property valuations as new information becomes available.
- As agreed with senior investment team leaders, work with joint venture partners and third-parties to monitor and be responsible for development and/or operating performance.
- Working with FP&A, prepare or assist as needed in the preparation of monthly and other reports requested by the Executive Committee on the status of each investment.
- Without committing Amstar to any binding agreements, and as agreed by senior investment team leaders, assist in the negotiation of legal agreements with tenants, lenders, sales brokers and other third parties.
- Review capital draw requests and backup on each assigned property, obtaining appropriate approvals and clarifications, as required.
- Track property-level, lender and joint venture reports to monitor project progress, finances, insurance requirements, and compliance with loans and venture-level requirements.
- Complete ad hoc requests from senior management.
- Monitor and routinely report to senior management supply and demand fundamentals in select markets where you have specific investments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance, Real Estate, Economics, Mathematics or other financial or business discipline, with demonstrated academic excellence.
- The ideal candidate will have two years of full-time relevant real estate acquisitions experience. Candidates with one year of real estate and additional experience in investment banking and private equity will be considered.
- Advanced skills in financial investment analysis and modeling using Argus and Microsoft Excel as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain quality working relationships that benefit the firm.
- A team player that motivates peers and helps build cohesive and productive teams.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. Moderate (monthly or more frequent) and ad-hoc travel may be required. This is largely a sedentary role; however, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and scanners. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Asset Management
- Alternative Investments
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job