Since its founding in 1987, Hartman Design Group has earned a reputation as a creative, award-winning team of interior designers. We are known for creating interior places that people love to live and work in. Creativity, collaboration, and commitment lead all that we do.
We care about our people and our people care about each other. We have fun hanging together in our sunny communal lounge and outside of our office at regular happy hours. We are friends and colleagues.
Working at HDG is both exciting and challenging. Blessed with amazing clients and creative projects, we foster a collaborative environment in which our staff can choose to work heads down in their own generous, personal workspace or in multiple co-working spaces throughout our newly renovated, fresh and bright office.
We are invested in our people and their future. As a multi-generational group, we mentor and teach each other. Our senior staff is generous with the knowledge that they have gathered over the years and our young group continually inspires us with new and out of the box ideas. We believe that creativity blossoms out of a caring energized and diverse culture.
Business Development Director
We are seeking a dynamic, experienced individual to assume the position of Director of Business Development. The individual selected for this position will share and promote our values while helping to lead a diverse staff. This position is an invitation to the person with the right background who has been searching for an opportunity to eventually assume leadership of a successful, highly regarded enterprise and expand that reputation both in its design concepts and in its business operations.
The immediate requirement is for a proven professional with a strong business development background who can quickly assume that role and drive growth for the firm with minimal oversight. This individual must possess the experience, vision, drive, and character that would be necessary to assume overall leadership responsibilities of the firm in the next few years.
In addition to a proven record in business development and a deep understanding of the software programs that support it, key aspects of the background necessary for this position include:
You will be responsible for growing our business in the multi-family, hospitality, senior living, and affordable housing markets.
· Develop business to meet revenue goals
- Establish goal-driven business development strategies and tactics
- Attend real estate and industry events, trade shows and conferences
- Partner with the marketing team to ensure business development efforts are aligned with marketing initiatives
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Coordinate and execute RFP submissions
- Maintain a system to track leads and new project opportunities
- Oversee award submissions
- Seek out speaking opportunities in the real estate industry
- Oversee marketing and advertising efforts
- Bachelors degree in business/marketing (MBA a plus)
- Demonstrated business development experience in the architectural, design, real estate and multi-family development industries
- Strong industry connections
- A general understanding of business and financials
- Deep familiarity with social media and marketing strategies
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, develop and implement effective strategies
- Demonstrated innovative thinking and proactive work habits including an eye for detail and for new opportunities
- Exceptional computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office; InDesign, Slack, Discover Org, Zen Prospect, etc.
- Proficiency in social media including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Experience working with a marketing team to drive an organization to the next level
- Business Development
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.