Job ID: JR1903514 Senior Associate Asset Manager - Student and Senior Housing
Your Future Team
AIG Global Real Estate has been a trusted global real estate equity investment manager of AIG and its affiliate insurance companies since 1987. For over 30 years, we have been sourcing, investing and managing a diversified real estate portfolio.
We are a recognized real estate investor and developer with an active focus on multifamily, office, retail, industrial, hospitality, senior housing, and student housing product types. We have longstanding relationships with a deep network of high-quality, institutional real estate operators and developers. We are advantaged in terms of our broad footprint with national and multinational execution capabilities. Our diverse team of professionals has extensive real estate knowledge and has executed on a full-range of investment opportunities for decades.
For more details, please check our website at:
Your Contribution at AIG
We are seeking for a Senior Associate on the AIG Global Real Estate Asset Management team. This position is responsible for the management of the Student and Senior Housing properties and will be based in the New York office.
The Senior Associate will need to have strong financial and analytical capabilities, develop constructive relationships with internal constituents, including, but not limited to, finance and accounting teams; and external constituents including operators, property managers and other professionals. The Senior Associate excels at handling multiple and complex tasks, by prioritizing responsibilities and bringing them to conclusion. The Senior Associate must be proactive and hands-on.
- Asset management of existing Senior Housing properties. This will include preparation and update of asset reports, review of property valuations, market research and analysis, and site visits.
- Review and recommend the underwriting assumptions for new investments, including developments, redevelopments or conversions.
- Oversee operations at properties and ensure conformance with approved business plans. As part of this process, review and approve budgets, leasing/sale objectives, financial reporting, material contracts, capital expenditures and other operating items.
- Interact with property management to monitor financial performance and to act as a liaison between internal constituents (REIC, executive team, legal, accounting, etc.) and operating partners.
- Review development budgets/schedules ensuring that partner is operating within approved guidelines. Review and make recommendations at construction change orders, review and recommend for approval equity and loan funding requests.
- Become a market expert for each property. Understand current and future trends in demographics, job growth, economics drivers, product supply, and all other market forces.
- Periodically review property specific debt, make recommendations for changes as appropriate.
- Financial modeling and analysis related to the monitoring of assets; preparing sell/hold analyses.
- Preparation of written presentations to the investment committee in relation to proposed transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for
- Five seven years of work experience in real estate finance or investment.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of property investment, development and financing processes, including but not limited to market analysis, financial analysis including property valuation, capital markets, project budgeting and scheduling.
- Understanding of Senior Housing properties preferred.
- Strong financial analysis and excel modeling skills.
- Works independently and has a strong sense of organization.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and abilities; demonstrating confidence in building and effectively maintaining positive relationships with clients, partners, developers and co-workers.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, including the Microsoft Suite of products as well as Argus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Asset Management
This job is no longer active.