Director of Communications
Apply at alliantcapital.com/careers
Full-time/Professional/Corporate Offices, Woodland Hills, California
The Alliant Company seeks a dynamic Director of Communications to lead our Communications and Marketing effort. This position will work closely with the Company’s Executive Vice President and Senior Vice Presidents of Originations and Investor Relations to oversee and direct all aspects of the organization’s communications and marketing work, including online communications. The Director of Communications will be an excellent writer and editor - able to communicate complex ideas clearly and to create impactful communications strategies.
Based in Woodland Hills, CA, the Director of Communications will work in tandem with all departments of the Company to design, implement and manage a communications strategy that supports business development goals and builds brand recognition. The Director of Communications will generate interest in existing and new business lines to help the Company expand. The Director of Communications will be skilled at creating content that both engages the Company’s employees and enhances the Company’s visibility in the market. The ability to be resourceful and communicate effectively in written and oral communications is a must.
- Plan, create and oversee the design, content and production of marketing material including e-mail blasts, press releases, newsletter, social media, all promotional materials, trade show materials and signage.
- Create consistent and regular social media content.
- Manage changes to, implement and maintain Company website design and operation.
- Work with Production Team and other departments to design client events.
- Develop communication campaigns.
- Assist in responding to RFPs/RFQs.
- Identify opportunities and provide support for ribbon cuttings, speaking engagement, press interviews, and trade show opportunities for the Company.
- Research media coverage for industry competitors and clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with media contacts.
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual media and social media activity reports.
- Provides a quick and proficient turnaround of requests and assignments to meet deadline dates.
- Follow all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Other job duties or projects as requested.
- Minimum seven years of marketing or communications experience.
- Prior experience working in investment real estate, finance and sales is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of marketing fundamentals, practices, trends, technology, communication, research, and product knowledge to produce turn-key marketing material.
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing content.
- Experience creating targeted content that generates measurable ROI.
- Must be a strategic and an analytical thinker demonstrating ability to identifying issues and recommend solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, investors, developers as well as in a team environment with a group of Senior Investor/Originations team members.
- Must possess a strong desire to succeed, self-motivated, ambitious, and have the ability to incorporate words and ideas into the marketing material to be used.
- Must be able to cope with shifting priorities, challenging environments and deadlines.
- Must be flexible and able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed or requested with some travel required.
- Highly proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook including problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Must be highly proficient with the use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator), PowerPoint and social media venues.
- Experience working in WordPress and is familiar with basic html.
EDUCATION (Minimum required level.)
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or a related field (Master’s preferred).
Please apply online at alliantcapital.com/careers.
Alliant offers a competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1997, Alliant Capital has established itself as one of the country’s top 20 multifamily property owners with over 900 properties in 48 states and territories. Alliant has been instrumental in adding to the supply of affordable housing units through its syndication of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit. With offices nationwide and a dedicated, growing team of experienced and well-trained commercial real estate, legal and tax professionals, Alliant provides the highest level of fully integrated real estate and investment support services.
ALLIANT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Investor Relations
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.