Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $888.2 billion* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2018)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The role of the Senior Associate is to provide support to the Portfolio Management teams in their oversight of various client portfolios.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Assist in the development and execution of multiple separate account investment plans
- Participate in the development and execution of the property level business plans for the clients by working closely with asset management to manage and optimize the existing asset portfolio
- Facilitate reporting process for multiple clients to ensure accurate and timely reporting by all responsible parties. Prepare and/or review Monthly and/or Quarterly Reports to clients/consultants.
- Provide portfolio analytics related to new acquisitions, leasing, valuations, capital expenditures, financing strategies, and disposition timing.
- Prepare client presentations, which effectively communicate such information as portfolio performance, acquisitions/dispositions activity or focus, Invesco organizational updates, etc. This requires sourcing information from various departments.
- Maintain, or create as necessary, portfolio level reports to manage or analyze portfolio performance, diversification, risk, etc.
- Maintain working knowledge of client?s goals, objectives, and investment guidelines to evaluate the portfolio impact of prospective acquisitions or dispositions
- Real-time knowledge of remaining allocations.
- Participate in the evaluation of new investments for given client(s).
- Ensure compliance with contract terms (i.e., reporting, client meetings, contract renewals, etc.)
- Ad hoc support for Clients, Portfolio Management, and Invesco
- Monitor and evaluate property level performance
- Provide Client/Consultant requests (i.e., reports, information) in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned ? deal status reports, capital calls, allocation tracking, etc.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on Real Estate experience preferred in one or more of the following disciplines: Asset Management, Real Estate Financial Analysis, Acquisitions, Real Estate Appraisal.
- Good understanding of the operational and investment fundamentals of Institutional Real Estate.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Good work ethic and a sense of urgency
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to marshal resources within the company
- Solid practical understanding of real estate investment concepts
- Strong financial and analytical skills with an eye for details
- Positive ?can do? attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Yardi and Kardin a plus.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Undergraduate degree in related field required.
- MBA not required but a plus
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
- Portfolio Management