Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, is an S&P 500 company dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. The company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 5,600 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, the company has declared 582 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 49-year operating history and increased the dividend 99 times since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
We are looking to hire an experienced Commercial Real Estate Development Project Manager, who will be responsible for managing all documentation, payments, and deadlines for real estate development and redevelopment projects. The Project Manager is the key individual responsible for all deliverables and performance of work associated with the project and ensuring all aspects are completed through and including the project closeout. In this role, the individual will collaborate with various internal departments to verify the scope of the project and thoroughly understand the schedule, processes, and contracts to complete the work. This individual will also be integral to the effective communication with tenants, developers, general contractors, brokers, and other third-parties related to the project.
The primary duties of the Commercial Real Estate Development Project Manager include:
- Manage projects and all respective dates and processes within a project to ensure the project progresses as anticipated including but not limited to critical dates within development agreements, leases, purchase agreements, permitting and construction timelines.
- Oversee team’s work flow from lease execution to project closeout, including impact/changes to budget.
- Assist in following up with tenants, developers, general contractors, brokers, and other third parties on progress of development project.
- Function successfully across internal departments to ensure a coordinated effort on behalf of the company.
- Assist Development team in identifying, researching, prospecting and tracking potential redevelopment opportunities.
- Track and document critical tasks and dates, project status and progress, contacts, correspondence and project details for each project/tenant.
- Review and submit draw requests in conjunction with all development projects. Communicate status and updates to all related parties.
- Coordinate construction site monitoring and any other necessary due diligence efforts, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation.
- Extract lease requirements for critical dates related to developments projects.
- Oversee construction work to ensure compliance with contract expectations. Manage close-out of development files, including gathering all final documents needed to complete final funding.
- Communicate with tenants, developers, general contractors, brokers, and other third parties, as appropriate, to ensure development lease provisions are strictly adhered to and fully implemented.
- Oversee the approval of proposed development plans and budgets and distribution of authorization and approval letters.
- Prepare package of documents and data points for legal to begin drafting lease for redevelopments.
- Resolve challenges that may come up during the development process effectively and efficiently.
- Prepare information for due diligence/opportunity review.
- Manage development pipeline to track all activity and property status.
- Submit requests for and track data points collected from research, asset management and real estate operations, and acquisitions.
- Schedule calls and provide agendas for internal and external meetings.
- Prepare CAs and distribute to appropriate individuals internally and externally.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education, Certifications, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in project management. Construction management and/or owner side real estate development experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic title and legal documents including REAs, CCRs, zoning, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Self-motivated with the ability to execute in ambiguous situations, take the lead without explicit instructions, use resources effectively.
- Highly organized, strong analytical skills, and ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment. Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Demonstrates utmost attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to establish rapport with various professionals via phone and e-mail.
- Solid grasp of quantitative data.
- Excellent PC skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Existing knowledge of, or aptitude to learn, Yardi software.
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.