A leading, privately held real estate development, investment and management company that has acquired or developed more than 15 million square feet of commercial, residential, mixed-use and industrial projects is currently seeking a Senior Development Manager to manage large-scale and complex multifamily, commercial, retail and mixed-use development projects for the company.
A successful candidate for this position will be able to manage a team of development professionals to execute on multiple projects which are in various stages of the development process.
This includes but is not limited to managing due diligence, design, permitting and budgeting for proposed development projects; selecting and managing third party consultants; resolving zoning issues; establishing accurate budgets; setting and managing project schedules; negotiating and managing contracts; and developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, public officials and various other stakeholders.
- Manage the development job from entitlements, design, construction, leasing and hand off to asset management
Feasibility Analysis and Site Acquisition
- Analyzes and reviews market, zoning and site information through direct investigation and third-party consultants
- Works directly with acquisitions team to underwrite and close new acquisitions
- Coordinates design teams and reviews design and construction documents
- Monitors market conditions and events relative to development projects
- Manages material and finishes selection process
- Coordinates permitting of new development projects
- Represents development projects and publicly; this includes attending and participating in public and private hearings and meetings with vendors, consultants and various stakeholders
- Develops permitting strategies and conducts presentations to zoning and permitting boards for approval
Third Party Consultant Management
- Manages various consultants, including but not limited to design, engineering and outside permitting consultants
- Reviews consultants’ work for detail and accuracy
Financial and Schedule Management
- Establishes and maintains development budgets and manages the project according to approved budgets
- Oversees financial models and pro-formas for development projects
- Oversees comprehensive critical path schedules for development projects
Coordination of Design during the Construction Process
- Manages design and engineering coordination during construction
- Reviews contractor requests for information and architects’ supplemental instructions and submittals
- Coordinates the procurement of furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Coordinates and facilitates the transition from construction to operations
- Reviews environmental, geotechnical, structural and transportation analysis
- Conducts and/or coordinates research on new zoning regulations, state regulations and state programs that may affect proposed development projects
- Leverages the skills and resources of an internal Development team, including a Development Manager, Development Analyst and Development Assistant
- Utilizes other Company employees effectively, including Marketing, Operations and Accounting
- Ability to interpret and evaluate proposals, architectural concepts and drawings, contracts, consultant proposals and government regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, outside vendors and the general public
Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. A graduate degree in real estate, design or engineering or a Master’s in Business Administration is preferred.
- Ten to twelve years of experience in real estate development is required
- A background in design, engineering or architecture is a plus
Experience developing a variety of real estate types, from permitting through the development and leasing process
- Architecture / Design
- Due Diligence
- Hospitality / Entertainment
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.