At McKinstry, we’re proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you’re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership are what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking someone to join our workspace solutions team as a Corporate Facility Director.
- 1MM SF across 11 states
- 3 owned corporate facilities in Seattle (Corporate Headquarters), Portland and Spokane (Bulk of portfolio)
- 14 smaller leased locations from 15K SF down to 1K SF
- Two Innovation Centers with a dozen tenants
You're great at:
- Oversee facility portfolio operations budgets.
- Implement tactical and long-term strategies
- Preserve facility assets
- Manage monthly financial cycle activities
- Communicate current account conditions to Management
Foster Client Relationships
- Maintain and expand customer relationships.
- Oversee regional vendor relationships.
- Understand client expectations and address client needs
- Select, train, mentor, and manage facility managers and other staff.
- Establish and communicate performance standards
- Recruit and hire new staff
- Review and document individual performance
- Deliver regular individual performance feedback
- Support individual professional development and career planning
- Recognize the responsibility as an agent of McKinstry and act accordingly at all times
Coordinate Facility Operations
- Ensure compliance with contractual terms.
- Create facility capacity plans.
- Monitor data center operations
- Ensure consistent collection, documentation and reporting of data center metrics
- Ensure the resolution of site/facility related technical and contractual issues
- Manage special technology projects
- Communicate with other McKinstry Departments
- Ensure that facility standards and processes are defined, communicated and followed
- Ensure compliance with accrediting and regulatory agency requirements
- Ensure communication of and compliance with McKinstry safety philosophy, policy and procedures
- Ensure that business standards and processes are defined and communicated
What we would like to see from you:
- BA/BS in Business Management, Facilities Management, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent field of study or equivalent work experience required.
- Eight (8) years of experience in data center and/or facility management required.
- Technical and personnel supervisory experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Current knowledge of facility systems, procedures and processes required.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety monitoring and control systems typically used in critical environments required.
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings required.
- Knowledge of building systems and ability to manage personnel responsible for operation required.
- Journey or Master level trade status (Electrical or Mechanical) preferred.
- Trade Certification or state license in Electrical or Mechanical (HVAC) preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
- Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- On call and responsive 24/7.
- Management of multiple priorities under pressure.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
- Facilities Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job