Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P.
Senior Associate / Vice President – U.S. Real Estate – New York, NY
Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P. (“AG”) is a privately-held registered investment advisor dedicated to alternative investing with a focus on Credit and Real Estate strategies. The firm was founded in 1988 and currently manages approximately $28 billion. AG is an equal opportunity employer.
AG is seeking to hire a senior associate / vice president to support its New York Metro investment team. Key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to supporting the team in performing financial analysis for prospective and existing investments, market research and acquisition due diligence as well as handling various special projects.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Create and review detailed financial analyses utilizing both Microsoft Excel and ARGUS to evaluate prospective and existing investments
- Update internal valuation and projection models for existing investments on a quarterly basis
- Prepare investment memoranda and presentation materials
- Perform detailed market research on supply/demand fundamentals, economic trends, comparable sales and lease transactions, etc.
- Maintain and update deal pipeline database
- Assist deal team in performing acquisition due diligence, including reviewing leases, contracts, historical operating statements, etc.
- Review and analyze financial performance of existing investments
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent real estate financial modeling skills
- Proficiency in ARGUS (DCF and Enterprise), Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of commercial leases and familiarity with operations of various property types
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to work in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment
- Must be motivated, self-directed and proactive
- Must work well under pressure
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university. Coursework in Finance, Economics and Real Estate preferred
- 3+ years of full-time experience in the real estate investment sector
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job