Mesirow Financial is a leading, independent diversified financial services firm with headquarters in Chicago, and locations across the globe. The firm aims to understand, anticipate and meet our clients' financial needs with a multitude of high-quality products and services. With expertise in Investment Management, Capital Markets and Investment Banking (CMIB), Mesirow Financial provides tailored and innovative solutions institutions, public sector entities, corporations and individuals.
A key component of our CMIB division is the Sale-Leaseback Capital group, which is a fully integrated net lease investment and asset management group. The team has completed more than 150 sale-leaseback transactions valued at over $3 billion in recent years. The Associate will be actively involved in all facets of the Sale-Leaseback Capital team’s real estate acquisition process, with a focus on assisting with business development and facilitating introductions to new acquisition targets. To learn more about the team and view a list of recent transactions please click
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist team in evaluating, prospecting, and making initial introductions to new acquisition targets.
- Research and analyze market data, sales comps, competitor positioning, economic information and market reports to confirm initial underwriting assumptions.
- Prepare various acquisition reports, including pipeline reports that reflect current acquisitions activity.
- Assist in the creation and issuance of Letters of Intent and other correspondence with prospective sellers.
- Communicate with various stakeholders (both internal and external) with regards to new and potential investments.
- Assist in the asset management and servicing of existing clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA or MBA desired.
- Minimum 3 years real estate acquisitions, investment banking, sale-leaseback financing or related fields.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in all aspects of Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills to function comfortably with all levels of the organization.
- Highly enthusiastic, self-motivated professional.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously a must.
- Capacity to work effectively with others, collaborative.
- Asset Management
- Research/Market Analysis
This job is no longer active.