About Pensam Development:
Pensam Development (“the Company”) is the development and construction affiliate of Pensam Capital, a multifamily investment firm focused on apartment community ownership and development. Pensam development focuses on new development opportunities, project oversight, and management of property renovations/construction for existing assets. Pensam currently maintains a portfolio of approximately 20,000 apartment units through the United States.
The Design and Resident Experience Director’s primary responsibilities are geared to establish Pensam’s existing portfolio of assets and new developments as best in class from a design and creative standpoint. The position works with the development team members, firm principals, consultants, and vendors in the pursuit of the Company’s overall approach to enhancing our residents overall living experience. The position will entail travelling to various locations to meet with vendors/consultants, tour properties, and evaluate competitors. The ideal candidate will have a background in interior design or architecture; a background in the hospitality/hotel industry; and a passion for marketing, aesthetics, design, fashion, travel, and lifestyle presentation.
General Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with third-party consultants (architects, engineers, appraisers, etc.) as it relates to advancing the Company’s design and lifestyle goals
- Work with interior design firms and internal teams on selection of furniture, fabrics, and fixtures
- Selection of accessories and artwork for models and commons spaces
- Model, amenity and common area staging/set-up
- Curate a holistic, engaging and personalized experience and interaction through design
- Brand management
- Study and report on innovative/creative design and best practices in the hospitality and residential industries
- Research and evaluate the current customer experience and develop a plan/program to improve the quality of the overall resident experience
- Understand and identify technology changes in the industry
- Assist in the management of the design studio products and materials
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Attend job related trade organization shows/events
- Frequent Travel Required
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university with a strong academic and work background in design, architecture, marketing, or hospitality
- Strong communication skills-written and verbal
- Computer skills
- Comfort reading technical documents including architecture and engineering plans, contracts, surveys, etc.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and professionally.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Architecture / Design
- Interior Design
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.