Resource America, Inc. (Resource) is an asset management company that specializes in real estate and credit investments. In September 2016 Resource was acquired by C-III Capital Partners, a leading real estate, credit management and commercial property services company which has $13 billion in assets under management. Resource’s objective is to be best in class among asset managers in the real estate and credit sectors as measured by returns to investors and the quality of the funds and businesses it manages. Our unique investment process, developed over decades of experience, centers on selecting high-quality companies priced at attractive discounts to their fundamental value. Resource’s investments emphasize consistent value and long-term returns with an income orientation. Since 1991, Resource has sponsored a range of investment vehicles, including but not limited to traded and non-traded REITs, limited partnerships, joint ventures with institutional partners and global securities.
Resource is currently seeking an energetic and motivated real estate Asset Manager to assist in a broad range of operational and financial activities. The individual’s core focus will be on implementing business plans and achieving financial objectives for a dedicated group of properties within the Company’s real estate portfolio. Investments are predominantly value-add multifamily rentals, but could also include office, retail, hotel or industrial. The scope of responsibilities includes overseeing activities such as value-add construction, marketing, leasing and operations, with an underlying goal of driving the asset toward identified financial goals. Establishing and maintaining working relationships with regional and on-site property management staff will be critical to success in the Asset Manager role. The ideal candidate must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with competing priorities and multiple project relationships. This position will be based out of Resource's Philadelphia office, although travel to the assigned properties is required.
- Create and manage business plans related to the investments within the portfolio.
- Maintain cash flow models in order to evaluate current and futures cash position, refinancing or disposition opportunities and capital improvement projects and present findings to senior members of the asset management team.
- Review and present monthly/annual operating statements and budgets including, variance analysis and forecasts to senior management.
- Interface daily with external partners/operators, contractors, property management team, leasing brokers, vendors and other consultants.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of concise presentations to senior management including recommendations to preserve, enhance and maximize value.
- Review and process capital expenditure and construction draw requests.
- Monitor financial markets, real estate industry including the particular sub markets which we hold investments, interest rate environment and overall economic conditions in order to evaluate on-going risks and opportunities.
- Review monthly financial statements, perform quarterly asset valuations and assist in the preparation and presentation of materials provided to investors and senior management on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in obtaining financing for assets. Responsibilities would include analyzing proposed financing terms, financial statement preparation and coordination of the due diligence process.
- Assist disposition team in the sale of assets which is inclusive but not limited to broker interviews, financial statement preparation and coordination of the due diligence process.
- Undergraduate degree from a top tier institution; MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in relevant field
- Ability to analyze and interpret both financial statements and legal documents
- Detail-oriented with exceptional analytical skills and a mastery of financial modeling in Excel
- Proven history of self-motivation and organization
Open communicator; eager to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Asset Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.