The Millennia Companies® is a vertically integrated real estate company, based out of Cleveland, Ohio, The Millennia Companies® is one of the largest owners of commercial space in downtown Cleveland with trophy assets such as Key Tower and The Centennial. Millennia Commercial Group (MCG) manages and leases The Millennia Companies® commercial and retail properties. The company was founded in 1995 by Frank T. Sinito and has since become a multidimensional, diverse company that manages 30,000 units across 26 states.
One example of Millennia’s commitment to excellence is Key Tower, the Premier Office Building in Cleveland, as well as an iconic landmark towering over the city at 57 floors of office and amenity space. Key Tower features world-class amenities, both in and around the Tower, and breathtaking views of the lake in the heart of Downtown Cleveland, making working here vibrant and exciting. Our tenants are fortune 500 companies with a high-level service expectation. Key Tower has been maintained to near perfection since its opening nearly 30 years ago. The other downtown properties include The Centennial, The Statler, The Garfield and Public Square North. All of which are exceptional and deserving of an outstanding Commercial Leasing Manager.
We are looking for an individual who wants to be a part of an award-winning team. We require a strong sales professional who not only knows how to source tenants but can also CLOSE the deal! This is a dynamic role with potential for growth professionally and economically. There is capacity for commission growth through not only leasing but through the acquisition of off market multi-family properties via REOs, GPs and Syndicators.
The Commercial Leasing Manager manages and directs the daily activities of commercial leasing covering a designated real estate portfolio and the sourcing and purchase of multi-family off market commercial buildings. The incumbent is responsible for all leasing functions, which include reviewing and negotiating lease transactions and agreements, achieving leasing objectives at assigned properties by conducting marketing and leasing needs assessments, developing and implementing marketing plans that improve occupancy levels, and assists in directing 3rd party leasing brokers.
- Responsible for the entire leasing/sales process from procurement through signature
- Build strong relationships with the brokerage community
- Prospect for both office and retail tenants
- Compile, update and maintain a network of local, regional, and national brokers and end users to send lease updates, flyers, etc.
- Compile and present monthly leasing activity reports to the Owner
- Utilize marketing websites and web-based marketing avenues such as LoopNet, costar, constant contact, social media etc. to advertise and promote assigned properties to the brokerage community and end users
- Assist in the marketing of each assigned retail/office property and ensure accurate and timely updates are made to all collateral, websites, etc. as necessary
- Poses the marketing tools that can be used to give the properties more exposure than they can get on their own. With in-depth knowledge of the local real estate market, can give expert advice on the prices and other factors that can influence a successful lease or sale of a commercial property
- Conduct local and sub-market analysis for existing inventory and competitive properties to ensure
- accurate marketing and competitive pricing with regards to market rent, tenant improvements, rental abatement, etc.
- Willingness to be involved in community functions, committees and actively network with local business owners and prospective tenants
- Attend conventions, trade shows, etc. to meet with regional and national tenants to prospect and stay abreast of current market trends
- Draft and prepare responses to RFPs/SFO’s in an efficient, professional, and timely manner
- During any and all showings, tours, etc. with prospects and clients, shall be cognizant of any maintenance, repairs, lighting, and overall appearance of properties to ensure listings are being maintained and make appropriate recommendations to maintenance director and/or property manager
- Effectively present prospects and prospects financial documents, (i.e bank statements, financial statements, etc.) business plans, available financing, and letters of intent to owner and any other party as necessary
- Analyze prospective lease terms and financial information by entering into cash flow software to determine the long-term profitability of a potential lease
- Coordinate drafting of leasing forms with in House Counsel including but not limited to Letter of Intent (LOI’s), Leases, Lease Abstracts, Commission Agreements, and other related leasing documents
- Conduct credit checks, collect pertinent financial information, and perform necessary due diligence on prospective tenants and compile to present to the Owner
- Ensure the preservation of existing Tenant, Landlord and other Client relationships
- Ensure that the highest quality of communication is performed with Tenants, Landlords and Clients
- Collaborate with President and Asset Manager to forecast quarterly, semi-annual and annual leasing goals
- All other duties as assigned or required.
Experience & Education
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience leasing and marketing commercial properties.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Licensed Real Estate Agent or Broker
- Strong knowledge of the local real estate market
- Knowledge and understanding of the commercial leasing process and real estate laws
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of formal lease documents
- Exceptional sales and closing experience
- Experience using MRI accounting software and VTS Leasing Software (preferred).
- Strong skills in MS Excel, Outlook, Word, Social Media and Internet research.
The employees of Millennia Commercial Group receive many benefits including free surface lot parking and a full array of traditional benefits; medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO and Holiday Pay. You can find more information about our benefits here:
This position will be salary plus commission. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely on the basis of job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Background Check Process
The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history, and credentials/certifications, are subject to verification.
- Brokerage / Sales
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job