Well established NYC based firm with an extensive track record of success in the development and acquisition of office, residential, retail and hotel properties has an immediate need for a Construction Administrator. The Construction Administrator will assist the Construction Services Development Group in organizing, monitoring and reporting on all administrative processes with effective project controls and management procedures for successful execution of projects.
The essential job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Construction Services Responsibilities:
• Assist the Project Leader in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Contracts, Change Orders and other essential management control documents.
• Responsible for monitoring and assembling tracking logs related to various project controls on current and historical projects. ( e.g.: RFP’s, Letters of Intent, Contract Category / Discipline Listing, Estimates, Templates & Standard Documents, Contract Status Reports, etc.)
• Assist the Project Leader with communications related to project start up and close out.
• Assist the Project Leader and Construction Controller in organizing all Lender and Partnership requirements related to proper documentation inclusive of monthly Bank Draws as well as startup and close out requirements.
• Track preparation of contracts from initial stages to contract signing and monitor progress on insurance requirements in accordance with project requirements. (e.g.; Contract Status Report).
• Assist the Construction Controller to effectively monitor cost controls related to Contractor and Design Professionals.
• Assist in the documentation of the punch list process.
• Assist the Project Leader with all municipal agencies (e.g. DOB, DOT, FDNY, LPC, etc.) in coordination with the Project Expeditor with filings, permit tracking, TR-1’s, TCO’s etc.)
• Manage special projects and other departmental assignments as needed.
Administrative Services Responsibilities:
• Organize and maintain filing systems both paper and electronic.
• Answer telephones, take messages, screen and handle routine items.
• Process incoming mail, date stamp and sort for priority. Distribute route and handle items as directed.
• Responsible for administering the group’s record retention and offsite archive policy.
• Prepare expense reports and liaison with the accounting group.
• Prepare, when required, correspondence, meeting minutes, and other documents composed for signature as directed.
• Coordinate use of all conference rooms and meeting places.
• Work closely with all staff to answer questions and assist their needs as applicable.
• Arrange for travel, hotel, car reservations etc. as required.
Minimum 10 years related work experience in a construction office or real estate environment.
Experience in contract administration.
Proficiency in the use of software applications, databases, and spreadsheets required.
College degree or equivalent experience in a related field of study.
Salary commensurate with experience, bonus incentive, complete benefits package including 401 (k) with company match.
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job