McWhinney is a privately held full service real estate development, investment and management company with a team of highly talented associates. We are passionate about creating great places for people and providing fabled experiences. We are "evergreen," which means that we constantly strive to prosper in all phases of the real estate cycle. At McWhinney, we attract and retain the best and brightest in the industry and are constantly building our team to achieve our goals.
- Obtains horizontal entitlements, including platting, mapping, design of infrastructure and public amenities, working with Municipal, State and all other necessary governmental entities
- Supports the Director Land Development, VP of Community Development, General Manager(s), and Counsel in negotiating Development Agreements and Reimbursement Agreements
- Manages development projects from the initial design phase through budgeting, entitlements, design, and construction of roads, utilities, landscaping, amenities, public spaces and signage
- Manages design teams to insure a complete and comprehensive design that meets all project programmatic requirements in a collaborative, creative and accountable environment
- Oversees all construction of designed projects, including management of contractors within established project schedules and budgets
- Liaison and manager to consultants, architects, engineers, and general contractors on assigned projects.
- Coordinates with Colorado Title 32 Metropolitan Districts on funding project management needs, also acting as liaison with municipalities as necessary
- Collaborates with Finance Directors of both Baseline and Centerra, GM of Centerra/Baseline, VP of Community Development and Director of Land Development in responding to RFPs and developing project proformas, entitlements costs and risks
- Bachelor s degree in construction management, Civil Engineering or related field
- 6-10 years of experience in public improvement construction including work with; amenities, parks, public spaces and landscaping construction
- Experience with Colorado Title 32 Metropolitan Districts is preferred
- Candidate with extensive experience in both dense Urban Mixed-use master plan execution and/or commercial/industrial land development is preferred
NOTE- Position includes management of projects through design, bidding (including Preconstruction), construction and project turnover to the public
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.