Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst Job Description
AmCap, Inc. is a vertically integrated private real estate investment firm founded in 1979 with primary offices in Stamford, Connecticut and Denver, Colorado. The firm focuses on grocery-anchored and necessity retail shopping centers in the Top 100 U.S. MSAs. AmCap's growing nationwide portfolio includes 23 properties totaling approximately 4.8 million square feet, representing over $1 billion in assets under management. The firm is actively investing in value-add and core-plus transactions on behalf of its institutional investors.
AmCap is seeking an Analyst to support the Acquisitions and Asset Management Departments with quantitative and qualitative analyses. The position will be based in Stamford, CT and focused on acquisitions with some time allocation to asset management. The Analyst will construct and run underwriting models for new acquisitions, dispositions, recapitalizations, and refinancings. The transaction sizes will vary between $15 million to $200 million.
The Analyst will be an integral part of the team and work with senior management on various aspects of the investment process:
- Review/underwrite new investment opportunities and manage/track deal pipeline
- Deal Sourcing (marketed & off-market deals): Attending networking events such as ICSC Conferences, reaching out to owners and brokers, warm/cold calling & emailing
- Market research, underwriting, structuring, financing, due diligence, and closing
- Financial analysis and modeling
- Industry, submarket, and property research
- Manage and evaluate investment due diligence materials
- Review of legal documents such as leases, loan agreements, management agreements, etc.
- Investment committee memorandums
- Monitor existing portfolio investments
- Quarterly asset management analyses and reports
- Capital raising initiatives
- Collaboration with property management, leasing, operations, finance & accounting departments
- 1-4 years of full time experience underwriting real estate transactions. Retail real estate exposure a plus
- Undergraduate degree from a top university focusing on business, finance, engineering, accounting, real estate and/or economics (please provide GPA and standardized test scores on resume)
- Strong financial modeling & analytical skills and critical thinking
- High proficiency with Argus Enterprise and Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint/Word
- Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of self initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment working on multiple projects. At times this position will be required to work extended hours
- Interest in pursuing a career in commercial real estate and helping to grow an entrepreneurial business
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Full benefits include but not limited to health insurance, 401(k), and annual performance bonus
- Promotions will be awarded subject to individual performance
Send resumes to Aaron Wu, Managing Director of Acquisitions
- Asset Management
This job is no longer active.