Schwab Corporate Real Estate (CRE) provides safe, reliable and effective facilities that support the Company’s business needs. We lead all aspects of a portfolio of over 5 million square feet consisting of over 330 offices. Our services include facility management, property management, project management, design, construction, transaction management and lease administration.
CRE is looking for a Regional Property Manager to join the team. This full-time position will be based in Chicago, IL.
- The position will face challenging work, overseeing a Retail and Remote Corporate Portfolio of approximately 40 sites in the Great Lakes Region.
- The use of technology and computer platforms is critical to the success of the candidate.
What you’re good at
- Lead the Relationship(s) with assigned locations / Preventative & Corrective Maintenance / On-site inspections / Project Coordination ensuring a total ownership of the assigned locations. On site visit to each location is required at a minimum of once a year.
- Demonstrate financial ability to develop and lead operational and capital budgets; create and implement savings initiatives across the portfolio and have financial responsibility for annual operating / maintenance budgets
- Build & maintain relationships with the client groups, specifically Retail Branch Managers, Branch staff, Corporate Management & internal staff
- Own & Manage Landlord / Property Management relationships ensuring & carrying out compliance with the lease agreements for Retail Branch locations within the assigned portfolio
- Actively monitor & ensure cost effective, timely response to emergency & urgent requests within approved Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
- Actively monitor & ensure cost effective timely completion of routine preventative & corrective maintenance within approval SLA's
- Ensure adherence to all national & regional contracts supporting the Retail Branch including contracts SLA's, warranty & expense
- Conduct routine on-site inspections to ensure clean, professional, well maintained facilities that effectively represent the Schwab Company brand (moderate travel required)
- Effectively utilize the on-site visit to enhance & maintain relationships with Branch Managers, Office Managers, Office Managers, Landlords, Property Management Companies & supporting vendors
- Oversee all major R&M projects, Capital Projects and Space build outs within the assigned portfolio
- Provide comprehensive Project Coordination services within the assigned portfolio
- Ensure all critical aspects of the project related construction, project coordination and completion are addressed promptly and in a professional, cost effective manner with all of the project scope, budget and schedule objectives satisfied
- Participate with Schwab CRE and its design resources regarding branch space planning needs, project scope definition, overall design and project planning
- Ensure superior Client service to Branch Managers / Office Managers and their teams
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in facility management, project management, client relations, and budget development and management
- Assume full responsibility for the operations, financial management, and client relations at assigned locations
- Work and maintain relationships with other commercial real estate property management companies at leased sites
- Ensure adherence and make sure the terms ensure compliance with all lease agreements
- Actively assess, report, process, & track potential risk management issues
- Work with Portfolio Directors, Design & Construction, building owners and brokers on potential lease tours, associated fit-out costs and moving logistics
- Analyze site capabilities and limitations; evaluate facility alternatives proposed in order to recommend the most effective long-range plan solution with integrating client needs
What you have
- Four year college/university degree required; or at least 10 years+ of facility management experience including at least 2 years at the level of Facility Manager
- CFM, FMA, RPA industry certifications highly recommended;
- Must have both breadth and depth of experience in all facets of property operation and building management.
- Excellent technical, interpersonal, and analytical skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Must be familiar and proficient with personal computers and PC based software such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Personal Integrity
- Problem solving and decision making
- Technical competency
- Team work
- Taking prompt action
- High energy
- Promoting new ideas
- Focus on tasks
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
- Facilities Management
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.