The Property Accountant is a responsible for day-to-day accounting functions for a portfolio of approximately 20 properties including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections accounting, CAM, billings, budgeting and financial reporting (P&L and Balance Sheet).
- Prepares month end and quarter end close for assigned properties, ensures accuracy of all general ledger information.
- Prepares and reviews monthly Balance Sheets, Income Statements and Cash Flows to verify account balances.
- Performs reconciliations and assembles the necessary detail and back-up for billing.
- Prepares and Processes monthly fees due.
- Prepare sales and use tax return forms and related backup and ensure the timely and accurate payment of amount due.
- Assists in improving processes, procedures related to above duties and responsibilities.
- Trains entry-level team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of Commercial Property Accounting experience or 5 years in Residential Property Accounting.
- Experience in AvidXchange, Spectra, Yardi Voyager, MRI or similar system
- Knowledge of CAMs and cash flow projections
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Proficient at MS Word and Outlook
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in written form.
- Working knowledge GAAP.
- Team player, flexible, commitment to doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously.
- Bi-lingual English/Mandarin, Chinese, Japanese or Cantonese a plus
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.