TITLE: Assistant Commercial Property Manager
REPORTS TO: Property Manager, Commercial Property Management
Assists with the daily operations of Grubb Properties office portfolio through management of tenant relations, building maintenance, lease administration and property financial results. Assist the efforts of maintenance staff and outside vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support, scheduling meetings, assisting with mail distribution, correspondence, etc. for the Property Manager and others, as needed.
- Assists with coordination of tenant services, communication, and retention; establishes and enforces standard policies and procedures.
- Assists with tenant service surveys, and planning tenant functions.
- Reviews, abstracts and evaluates leases and lease provisions, maintains lease summaries, commencement agreements and rent rolls, coordinates tenant billings, rent collection, expense pass-throughs oversees miscellaneous tenant billings
· Handles annual budgeting, monthly projections, quarterly and monthly variance analysis, and cash flow analysis.
- Assists Property Managers with managing tenant projects (contacts vendors, prices job, manages project and bills tenant.)
- Ensures quality standards by coordinating building inspections, directing maintenance staff, and managing vendors and other personnel. Solicits new vendor services and bids contractors when appropriate. Reports accidents and emergency situations to the VP Operations immediately and prepares incident reports.
- Reports accidents and emergency situations to the Property Manager immediately and prepares incident reports.
- Assists Property Manager with the management of both maintenance and capital projects.
- Administers the rights and obligations of the Landlord and Tenant based on the executed lease document.
- Assist Property Manager with the accounts payable process by correctly coding invoices and then ensures payment of vendor and gets involved with payment discrepancies.
- Helps with the safety of the property team and the execution of a safety program. Helps ensure that accidents and the potential for accidents is minimized. Understands and adheres to OSHA standards and requirements and helps with making sure training is properly executed with the team, and that safety manuals and documentation are current and up to date, and that property personal follow property safety procedures including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Assist with team participation in civic and business organizations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-4 years of Commercial Property Management experience required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and ability to read and interpret legal documents.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe (document manipulation)
- Yardi experience preferred.
- Ability to solve problems and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Good organizational, computer, and accounting skills.
- Self starter.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in office setting and in commercial buildings.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Frequently moves about to coordinate work.
- Frequently walks on commercial properties and climbs stairs.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years