Farmland LP is a private investment fund manager that purchases and converts conventional farmland to sustainably managed and certified Organic farmland. Farmland LP was founded in 2009 and currently owns $160 million of farmland assets in Northern California, Oregon’s Willamette Valley, and Walla Walla, Washington. Farmland LP’s regenerative farming practices deliver market rate returns to investors while generating meaningful social and environmental impacts.
What we are Seeking
We are seeking a Fundraising & Investor Relations Manager (“IR Manager”) to be based in our San Francisco office. The primary responsibility for the IR Manager will be to lead fundraising for our current and next funds and build an integrated investor relations strategy for our funds. The IR Manager will look after Limited Partner operations, from prospecting and raising capital to keeping LPs informed and engaged with the funds. The IR Manager will work alongside the admin, finance, accounting and asset management teams.
- Plan, lead and execute all fundraising initiatives to HNW, Family Offices and Institutional Investors
- Seek out and analyze potential funding sources and opportunities
- Conduct outreach and foster / manage capital relationships
- Organize and optimize existing investor CRM database (Crowdstreet)
- Develop the fund’s IR framework around keeping current and prospective LPs engaged and informed
- Manage the fund’s IR function, and implement systems to track investor interactions and inquiries, leads, and follow-ups through preferred software providers
- Develop and manage a robust pipeline of current and prospective LPs
- Prepare and distribute internal and external communication materials including PPMs, press releases, quarterly reports, webinars, Q&A materials, etc
- Set, prepare for, and participate in investor meetings, developing concise pre-meeting briefs and executing post-meeting follow-ups
- Assist with planning and execution of investor events
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with existing and prospective LPs and capital intermediary partners
- Manage Social Media platforms
- Any other task required / project assigned for general IR function
- 3 – 5+ years of experience in real estate, private equity or venture capital fundraising and/or IR/Marketing capacities. Other industries considered subject to core responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in preferably marketing, business, finance, or substantive experience in relevant sectors
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to draft engaging messages for prospective and current investors
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced work environment with changing priorities, including occasional travel
- Strong project management skills and self-motivated in taking the initiative, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development
- High personal integrity, including the capacity to discretely handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work positively with a variety of departments and personalities in agriculture, develop relationships both within the firm as well as with external parties.
- Strong analytical capabilities and love of data integrity
- Command of Microsoft Products such as Office suite, and Windows
- High energy and positive team member
- Business Development
- Investor Relations
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.