Responsible for providing advisory services to institutional clients specialized in complex commercial real estate transactions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages pre-closing risk review of commercial real estate transactions, liaising with lenders, borrowers and brokers on new loan originations on behalf of institutional, investment and government sponsored lenders. Responsible for providing financial risk management and insurance requirements based on deal type, geography and lender requirements;
- Analyzes proposed insurance coverage and related risk mitigants including financial reserves and borrower guaranties, identifying and communicating insurance coverage gaps to borrower and broker for resolution;
- Prepares exception waivers and exclusion reporting as appropriate;
- Creates and submits client Final Risk Review deliverables including accurate risk assessment and documentation;
- Liaises with lenders, borrowers and brokers pre-closing and ensure that proposed insurance coverage is in place at closing;
- Liaises with underwriting and credit review teams to explain and mitigate potential risk exposures by proposing customized solutions;
- Delivers complete deal package including certificates of insurance;
- Educates clients and borrowers in risk management, risk transfer, market issues, and relevant trends;
- Serves as a trusted business advisor on all pertinent issues;
- Responsible for deal flow management and tracking, client status reporting and issue tracking and resolution;
- Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and one or more of:
- 2-4 years of relevant insurance experience
- Financing or commercial transaction management experience preferred
- Title, paralegal or documentation review experience preferred
- And Commercial real estate experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Critical attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Current opportunity is available in the follow Harbor Group Offices:
- Edison, NJ.
- Jericho, NY
- Miami, FL.
Please visit our website for specific addresses - www.harborgroupconsulting.com
Harbor Group Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
- Risk Management
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.