Weidner Apartment is currently searching for a Commercial Leasing Manager! The Commercial Leasing Manager will be responsible for all leasing functions, which may include reviewing and negotiating lease transactions and agreements. The Commercial Leasing Manager oversees completion of all necessary paperwork and ensures proper customer service. Responsible for the productivity and budgetary performance of the leasing operations within the commercial department. Additionally, Commercial Leasing Manager develops and implements policies and procedures to improve efficiency and profitability of the department and monitors competitive trends in the marketplace.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the day-to-day operational management of commercial properties consistent with policies, procedures, budgets, and business plans.
- Gather, analyze and report financial data required to provide accurate assessments of property performance to help support operational decisions.
- Assist with administration of commercial tenant leases to ensure accuracy and that they are in compliance with lease provisions; manage annual rent increases/escalations.
- Work with the Finance & Acquisitions and apartment management teams to ensure that the commercial department accomplishes the strategic objectives set by senior management.
- Oversee retail and office leasing functions throughout the portfolio.
- Develop and maintain relationships with retail/office leasing brokers.
- Manage commercial leasing of office and retail space in all Weidner regions; overseeing tenant improvements, lease renewals. Develop and maintain relationships with current and future commercial tenants.
- Responsible for developing and implementing lease renewal and tenant retention programs.
- Four-year degree with Finance or Real Estate emphasis.
- 5+ years’ experience in CRE, leasing or related industry.
- Experience in leasing retail and/or office space.
- Excellent math skills; strong analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Internal and external customer services skills are a priority .
- Possess strong operational and financial skill set.
- Business, Financial, and AR/AP experience a plus.
- Property Management experience a plus.
- Experience with Yardi a plus.
- Must agree to a criminal background check and sign an agreement for voluntary drug testing.
- Valid and current driver’s license.
- Financial Analysis
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years