The Sr. Property Manager is responsible for the Over sight of the Property Management Team in the operations, tenant relations, leasing and financial operational of an assigned portfolio of properties, to meet the Company and Owner’s goals and objectives.
- Assure the Property Management Team is responding in a timely and efficient manner to all tenant maintenance requests. Maintain good tenant relations through regular personal contact, proactively contacting tenants concerning their tenancy in the building.
- Assure all special and / or operational events at the building are completed per established schedule. These could include marketing events, tenant advisory board meetings, holiday decorations and/or tenant surveys.
- Assure the Property Management Team is proactively communicating to the tenant’s owner’s goals & objectives, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance projects occurring at the property.
- Review regularly reports provided from on line tenant calls, understanding maintenance call trends, proactively developing a plan to minimize tenant calls, increasing tenant satisfaction.
- Coordinate activities required to effectively and efficiently manage the annual operational and capital plan to include but not be limited to:
- Contracting with third party vendors as required to maintain building equipment and systems.
- Timely completion of operational and / or capital projects.
- Complete inspections as required to assure buildings are being maintained in a manner as outlined by the Company and/or Owner.
- Work with leasing team to meet Owners objectives on annual leasing plan to include but not be limited to:
- Assuring Property and vacant spaces are presented in a Class A manner.
- Reviewing “draft” lease documents to assure understanding of tenant requirements, and property information in the document is correctly listed.
- Coordinate activities required to effectively and efficiently manage Tenant Improvements to include but not be limited to:
- Assisting Design firm and tenant in the completion of their improvement plan.
- Review Improvement plan to assure existing building systems are not compromised and all City and State codes are being followed.
- Manage all Tenant improvements to be completed either directly and / or by the use of a Construction Manager.
- Assure the appropriate paper work / contracts are in place based on the Company and / or Owners pre-determined policy.
- Minimize liability to the Company and / or owner by strictly adhering to established risk management plan to include but not be limited to:
- Assuring the property is maintained in a safe secure manner, during normal and emergency situations, verifying that all emergency equipment and / or systems are in good working order.
- Effectively and efficiently manage incidents that may occur at the property requiring the assistance of the Owner’s insurance representative.
- Clearly understanding Companies and/or owners’ emergency procedures, assuring PM team and tenants are trained on method of response.
- Strictly maintain established Certificate of Insurance program for both tenants and vendors.
- Assure all emergency sections of Building Engines are updated on a pre-determined schedule.
- Manage maintenance contracts assuring that regular standard maintenance preformed at the building by a third-party vendor has current contracts, (as provided by Company and / or owner) on file.
- Clearly understand Owner’s goals and objectives regarding the financial performance of the property to include but not be limited to:
- Annual completion of property budget to include income, operational and capital improvements projects.
- Senior Property Manager Job Description Page 2
- Re-forecasting of annual budget based on Companies and/or Owner’s predetermined schedule.
- Completion of monthly reports to providing an executive summary of monthly/yearly activities and a detailed variance analysis of all income and expense categories.
- Assure Completion of Annual operating expense pre-bills and reconciliation of operating expenses.
- Develop and implement 5-year capital plan to include but not be limited to:
- Schedule of projects to be completed.
- Amortization of projects if required to meet the financial obligations of the annual budget.
- Partner with the accounting department to assure the timely collection of tenant rents, operating expenses and additional charges to the tenant that may be required.
- Make recommendations to improve net operating income by increasing revenues and / or decreasing operating expenses.
- Managing the Property Management team to assure that the Companies and / or Owner’s delegation of authority is strictly adhered to.
Skills + Abilities
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Effective business writing skills
- Proven history in the completion of an annual operating budget and five-year capital plan.
- The ability to communicate with owners, assist in the training of operations staff to assure that all aspects of the performance of the property is maximizing the potential and is achieving the owner’s goals and objectives.
- Customer service oriented
- 5+ years full time experience managing commercial properties including experience with significant operational issues such as operational emergencies or building renovation.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Associates degree in business management preferred
- Demonstrates professionalism in every aspect of work performance including positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Asset Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.